Sunday, May 6, 2012

Handmade Mother's Day Card / Fridge magnet

Handmade card for Mum in her favourite colours


With Mother's Day coming up next Sunday, I decided to make my Mum a card.  She loves mauve and pansies.  I made a puff with a pansy button and it detaches from the card as a fridge magnet, so she can appreciate it all year long!

Materials I used:

Purple card stock
Pink card stock
Printed scrapbooking paper (feathers)
Star shaped brads
Glitter Letters
Suffolk puff in yellow
Pansy button
magnet
glue

Inside I used a little verse from the rub-offs range.

Thought for the day:  The bible talks about a lot of different mothers. I especially like the story of Naomi and Ruth.  Not all of us have a mother or if you do, through circumstances may be estranged from her.  However, a mother does not necessarily have to be 'Blood'.  Sometimes there might be a substitute mother figure in our lives.  Naomi must have been a wonderful woman.  The bond formed between her and her once daughter in law, Ruth, must have been so strong because even though Ruth had a mother, she chose to stay with Naomi.  I am not saying to turn your back on your own mother, but if you don't have a mum or the best relationship - sometimes there will be another woman who might be able to fill the gap.  In my parent's church, they honour all women on Mother's Day by giving each woman a small gift.  Many times we have attended the service on this day and I loved seeing the joy on the face of a particular elderly woman who never married or had children.  However, when I was young she would encourage me and other children to visit her, which was always a happy time.  She would spend time with us and make us lovely morning or afternoon teas.  Sometimes she would have older children / adults stay so that they could go to work or university.  She loved children, and tried to mother them with her kindness.  I am sure she meant a lot to many children that were not hers.  Read Ruth's (Chapter 1-4) story.

No comments:

Post a Comment