Friday, April 20, 2012

Purple Potion

PURPLE POTION!




I thought I would do something a bit different today - a manicure - which is extremely creative for me!

I am always soooo busy and not really a girlie girl, probably because I have lived on a farm all of my life.  I have only had one professional manicure - for my thirtieth - and even though it looks lovely - I just never wear polish because I have not got the time and it peels off because I am always doing something I shouldn't with my hands, so it doesn't last. 

However, I have a special event tonight - an engagement party for my lovely nephew and his wonderful fiancee' who make such a beautiful couple.  This event calls for me to get dressed up and my outfit is grey and black tones.  Therefore, I need a splash of colour to brighten myself up!  I don't own much jewellery, so I bought some purple earrings and this lovely purple flower.  My husband and daughter picked out some nail polish for me, so hopefully the end result will be worth it.

So what did I use?  Sally Hansen 350 - Purple Potion. 

Thought for the day:  Purple has often been associated with royalty and wealth over the years.  Even in the bible it represents prosperity such as in the story of the wife of noble character who is clothed in fine linen and purple (Proverbs 31:22).  There are so many different shades.  Cadbury Chocolate won the rights to exclusively use the colour purple and there is a band called Deep Purple.  

QUESTION:  What do you think about when you see the colour purple?

Here is one of my favourite Cadbury ads -

No comments:

Post a Comment