Friday, May 4, 2012

Knitted Mobile Phone Socks




The past couple of days, I have been playing around creating knitted phone socks.  Different colours and patterns.  I have a touch screen phone that seems to be always 'searching' the internet - even though I am sure I put it back to the main screen and turned it off.  The cases are sooo expensive and my phone is a cheapie - they might not even sell a case for it.  It is baffling when you have to buy the exact case for the exact model, isn't it?  Well it is when you are me!  I always forget what mine and my husband and son's phones are - all different.  Of course if you have one of the popular and expensive smartphones you are usually ok.

Anyway, I have enjoyed knitting up these socks and will be starting to decorate them.  I thought they would be handy for mother's day or other gifts.  The plain grey one at the back - I might give to my husband or father and my daughter has already took a pink one I did.  They are very easy to make and I will include the patterns at a later date - or I will make you one if you like!

Thought for the day:  I have a friend going through a traumatic situation with a gravely ill husband at the moment and another family who have recently lost a loved one.  It it is times like these in life when we want someone to comfort and protect us - a bit like a phone sock!  Psalm 121:1-8 tells how God is our protector, which is a comforting thought.  We are never alone, He is with us always!

 Bible.is is a free bible application that can be used online or for any idevice (iphone, ipod and ipad) or android.  My teenage son uses it on his ipod and I will link any readings to it from now on.  It is available in different languages and versions and it has the option of listening too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment