Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Knitted Headband

Knitted Headband   


I can't take full credit for this cute knitted headband.  I found the pattern and my Mum happened to see it and decided she wanted to knit it first!  So, I did the decoration which is a puff (naturally) and a crocheted flower and a cat button.  Maybe I could call it pea-green pussy???  

Anyway, we have lots more colours and ideas in the pipeline - but this is the end result for our first attempt. 

Thought for today:  As Mother's Day approaches, we should stop and think what our mothers mean to us.  I especially enjoy spending time with mine because she is a wealth of information - especially with teaching me to knit!  The old saying "Like mother like daughter" which is quoted in Ezekiel 16:44 was not the best compliment because the writer was talking about the womens' faults.  However, if we try to focus on our mothers' good points or the good things they have taught us and try and mirror it, the world is sure to be a better place.  

Let's not forget the old nursery rhyme 'The Owl & The Pussy Cat'



No comments:

Post a Comment