Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Science Fiction Drawing

My drawing of a Chanswarr

Have you ever been going about your daily routine and suddenly, you find you are bursting to draw something?  I find that this happens to me most when I have been slogging away with lots of numbers (in my office work) or studying lots of dry reading as part of my course.  It has also been that I will wake at night or in the morning and something I have dreamt about seems so vivid - I have to get it out!

I am certainly no artist and this has really only been happening to me in the past few years.  I believe that people need balance in their lives and when life gets hard there really is no room to be creative.  However, eventually this catches up with you and these strong and mysterious urges seem to compel us to create.  It doesn't have to be good - just so long as you can get it out and restore the equilibrium.  Like I said, I have gone on for so many years not being a real 'Creative Person'.  However, I know I am not alone because others have told me similar stories.

I drew this quite ugly fellow when I was on holidays a few years ago.  After being up to my neck in raising kids and working for my husband, I think the calm or the holiday helped me relax and all of a sudden I had to draw!  I hadn't drawn anything since school - oh unless you count stick figures for the kids! So off I trotted down to the local newsagency and bought some pencils and a sketch book.  Once I put the pencils to paper and did some squiggles - this was the end result.  He came from my imagination - I don't particularly like sci-fi movies or television shows because they give me nightmares.  Anyway, my son and husband thought he was pretty cool and they told me to hang it up on the wall.

The point is You don't have to be good at something for it to do you good!  I love the release I get - it soothes me and helps me get my focus back.  It doesn't matter if you draw or garden or cook - find something that will help you de-stress.

Thought for the day:  'Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life'.  Proverbs 13:12.  This is one of my favourite verses in the bible.  It is so true and a motto that I try to live my life by.

No comments:

Post a Comment